If you were engaged recently, then you more than likely are familiar with wedding planner prices. Finding party hall rentals, country wedding venues, or the best wedding event planners can be difficult and time consuming. If you are planning a wedding, doing the work to find a wedding and event planner can save you a lot of trouble in the long run and you will more than likely find the experience to be a lot less stressful than doing it on your own. Here are a few facts about the history of marriage to read while you begin your search.
1. Did you know that the reason that wedding rings are worn on the third finger of the left hand has its beginnings in Ancient Egypt? Ancient Egyptians believed the vein in the left hand ran directly to the heart.
2. The practice of showering a newly married couple with rice has different roots in different countries. Lots of cultures around the world have showered the wedding couple with symbolic food. For instance, the French throw wheat, those who hail from the island of Sicily throw bread and salt. And one of the most interesting is the fact that the English toss pieces of cake. The tradition of throwing symbolic food has been around for a long time. Early Romans and Greeks threw nuts and dates
3. According to a 2010 study, marriage reduced criminal behavior in high risk males by 35 percent.
4. After you have uncovered wedding planner prices and gone through with the ceremony, you might find yourself needing to throw a baby shower. Did you know that baby showers were traditionally women only events? They were intended to provide the mother to be with not only necessary items, but also advice about baby care. These days, they are more often than not a gender inclusive event.
5. The rates of marriage in the United states are going down drastically. In fact, according to a 2010 Pew Research Report, only slightly more than half of adults ages 18 and older are married. The marriage rates were 51 percent in 2010, compared to more than 70 percent in 1960.