What Great Online MBA Programs Have
The internet has made it more convenient than ever to earn an MBA in business administration. Online MBA schools can educate and grant degrees to distance learners who never would have been able to earn degrees without moving even five years ago. Most employers now give online degrees the same level of credence as traditional degrees, and rightly so. One 2009 meta study from the U.S. Department of Education revealed that students taking all or some online courses tend to do better than students studying traditionally. Programs completed online reduce travel costs, allow students to maintain their jobs, and put students in positions to earn more later in life.
Online schools are now considered more reputable, since the College Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2008 began requiring all online colleges receiving federal funds to verify that any student enrolled in a course is the person actually completing coursework. Today, an online MBA in business administration is not only more accessible, but carries greater weight in the job community. Finding the right online school for an MBA in business administration is still a challenge, though. Here’s our list of what a great online MBA school should have.
- Affordable tuition. Affordable online MBA programs ensure that students don’t drown in debt and sometimes allow students to graduate debt free. Cost varies wildly from college to college, with some costing as little as $3,000 a year and others costing as much as $30,000 or more per year.
- Choices. The best online MBAs offer students a choice in emphasis. Students can choose to focus on finance, international business, marketing, health care management, business administration, or technology management.
- Opportunities for Higher Education. Some online MBA programs allow students to go on and earn doctorates in business administration.
- Military friendly support. Tuition assistance for military servicemen and women should be available, especially since distance learning programs are often undertaken by those in the service.
- Hybrid options. A hybrid MBA can be attained by students who attend on-site classes as well as online classes. Such programs are often enjoyed by students who want some degree of personal interaction with classmates and professors.
- Small class size. It is easy for online schools to take on too many students. Look for programs that allow for smaller class sizes and more personal attention from instructors.
Earning an MBA in business administration is no easier online than it is in a standard college, but that’s where the beauty lies. Students can earn a degree with as much clout as a traditional degree, but in a more convenient way. Read more blogs like this: www.calmu.edu