If you are looking to find a cosmetic dentist to preform anything from teeth whitening to having veneers or dental implants put in, here are a few facts that you should know before you make an appointment.
1. Did you know that the average cosmetic dentistry patient spends between 5,000 and 6,000 dollars on procedures to improve their smile? One of the biggest reasons for this is that most dental insurance does not cover visits to a cosmetic dentists.
2. Did you know that odontophobia, or fear of the dentist, is classified as a phobia in the Diagnostical and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, which is also referred to as the DSM IV in the medical community. This is one of the reasons that the best cosmetic dentists strive to make their offices as soothing and inviting as they possibly can.
3. Dental floss, which most dentists recommend to be used at least once a day, was made from silk until sometime after WWII, when nylon floss was introduced.
4. A dental implant is carefully placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth as a more versatile alternative to dentures. Over the next six to 12 weeks, the jawbone heals as it grows around the implant and anchors it securely in the jaw. This process is one of the main reasons that dental implants are almost always permeant and very rarely need to be replaced or fixed.
5. Dd you know that in addition to being high in calcium, sesame seeds can reduce plaque and help build tooth enamel? Though you should be sure and be careful that they do not get stuck in your teeth or gums where they could cause other problems. Read more: Dentists chicago